Tuesday, March 8, 2011

14 Indian flapshell turtles rescued


Haa long days for posting. I had been to my home city for an holiday. I was on a tour to local villages. As i was passing trough a village called kesavaram. I had noticed about 40+ fishermen were catching fish with a net. Suddenly one fisherman threw a turtle to the bank and a local took it and kept in a bag. After few minutes another turtle was thrown to the bank and some body took it.
I had realized that the locals are eating the turtles also. another turtle was thrown on to the bank and one person took it. I caught him by his shirt collar and handed over the turtle. I shouted at the fishermen if they catch the turtles i will send them to the jail.
They thought that i was from the forest department and handed over the turtles to me. 18 turtles were caught in the net and four were taken by the locals remaining 14 were released back to the pond after the fishing completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment